InfinyOn is an early-stage startup backed by Tier 1 venture funds. InfinyOn was founded under the belief that every organization needs to transform into a real-time enterprise to be competitive. Today, InfinyOn is building a new generation of real-time data stack to enable organizations to build real-time applications and services rapidly.
We seek a Senior Rust engineer with a startup mentality to construct the next generation of real-time cloud data infrastructure. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers across global locations to design and operate the highest reliable and scalable real-time data stack. You are skilled in turning cutting-edge technologies such as Rust, Kubernetes, and WebAssembly into simple, user-friendly products. As a Cloud software engineer, you will be working in every part of the stack, from writing low-level networking code to building high-performance distributed services. To construct a cloud-native infrastructure, you will leverage and extend our open-source project Fluvio.
- Build and operate Cloud Infrastructure products utilizing Rust, Kubernetes, and WebAssembly.
- Closely collaborate with teams to create highly scalable, operable, and maintainable products.
- Own and drive the whole product lifecycle - from inception and design through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Invent tools and processes that enable fast, accurate, reliable, easy-to-use development and deployment systems.
- Provide fast and comprehensive validation test suites to ensure the highest software quality.
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment system with the shortest and most reliable deployment cycle.
- Identify areas for improvement and create innovative solutions that enable high developer velocity.
- Working with the Product team to define and prioritize product roadmap to meet business goals.
- Monitor and optimize the different parts of cloud infrastructure to ensure high performance and reliability.
- 2+ years in Rust programming language with Async programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure with at least 1 year of AWS experience.
- At least 1 year of Kubernetes experience.
- 2+ years of experience in writing REST services.
- Expert in Networking and Linux.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and data structures.
- Significant experience in deploying and maintaining cloud applications in production.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with EKS and expertiese in many AWS services as S3, IAM, EC2, VPC, etc.
- Experience with Terraform
- Writing Kubernetes Operators
- Knowledge of event streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, etc.
As startup, you must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis. They may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at InfinyOn. You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of stock options to participate in the company’s success. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision (this is based on your location and eligibility). We also offer unlimited paid time off and a remote first work environment.
InfinyOn, a technology company in Silicon Valley, aims to accelerate the world’s transition to a real-time economy. We have built a modern real-time data platform with a powerful event stream processing engine that allows architects, data engineers, and developers to build the next generation of real-time services. Please visit infinyon.com to learn more.