InfinyOn is an early-stage startup backed by Tier 1 venture funds. InfinyOn was founded under the belief that every organization needs to transform into a real-time enterprise to be competitive. Today, InfinyOn is building a new generation of real-time data stack to enable organizations to build real-time applications and services rapidly.
We seek a Senior Rust engineer with a startup mentality to construct the next generation of real-time cloud data infrastructure. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers across global locations to design and operate the highest reliable and scalable real-time data stack. You are skilled in turning cutting-edge technologies such as Rust, Kubernetes, and WebAssembly into simple, user-friendly products. As a Cloud software engineer, you will be working in every part of the stack, from writing low-level networking code to building high-performance distributed services. To construct a cloud-native infrastructure, you will leverage and extend our open-source project Fluvio.
- Build and operate Cloud Infrastructure products utilizing Rust, Kubernetes, and WebAssembly.
- Closely collaborate with teams to create highly scalable, operable, and maintainable products.
- Own and drive the whole product lifecycle - from inception and design through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Invent tools and processes that enable fast, accurate, reliable, easy-to-use development and deployment systems.
- Provide fast and comprehensive validation test suites to ensure the highest software quality.
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment system with the shortest and most reliable deployment cycle.
- Identify areas for improvement and create innovative solutions that enable high developer velocity.
- Working with the Product team to define and prioritize product roadmap to meet business goals.
- Monitor and optimize the different parts of cloud infrastructure to ensure high performance and reliability.
- 2+ years in Rust programming language with Async programming experience.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure with at least 1 year of AWS experience.
- At least 1 year of Kubernetes experience.
- 2+ years of experience in writing REST services.
- Expert in Networking and Linux.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and data structures.
- Significant experience in deploying and maintaining cloud applications in production.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with EKS and expertiese in many AWS services as S3, IAM, EC2, VPC, etc.
- Experience with Terraform
- Writing Kubernetes Operators
- Knowledge of event streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, etc.
We are a startup, and we work extended hours, which at times extend into the weekend. You must be comfortable to work in startup environment.
Conpensation And Benefits
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis. They may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at InfinyOn. You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of stock options to participate in the company’s success. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision (this is based on your location and eligibility). We also offer unlimited paid time off and a remote first work environment.
InfinyOn, a technology company in Silicon Valley, aims to accelerate the world’s transition to a real-time economy. We have built a modern real-time data platform with a powerful event stream processing engine that allows architects, data engineers, and developers to build the next generation of real-time services. Please visit infinyon.com to learn more.